International Teacher Programmes
In addition to national teacher programmes, CERN offers two 2-week international teacher programmes: The International High School Teacher (HST) Programme and the International Teacher Weeks (ITW) Programme. Both programmes are delivered entirely in English and are open to in-service science teachers from around the world. The goals of CERN’s international teacher programmes are:
- To support teachers’ professional development in the field of particle physics.
- To promote the teaching of particle physics in high schools.
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience among teachers of different nationalities.
- To stimulate activities related to the popularisation of physics within and beyond the classroom.
- To help CERN establish closer links with schools all around the world.
Select the respective programme to find out more about upcoming sessions and how to apply. You can also access the programme agendas of previous international programmes and explore archived material.
Please note: due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all international teacher programmes of 2020 were cancelled and postponed, and are now foreseen to take place in summer 2022. We plan to call for applications as of November 2022 for the international teacher programmes of 2023. All information will be published closer to the dates online.